- The story is drawn based on player decisions. Each action will have consequences that change the story and the game world. NPCs, communities, monsters and locations all change, based on player choice.
- The player can resolve quests and main story threads in any order or complete them in a parallel fashion.
- The Witcher 3 is standalone adventure, easily entered into by new players - the story and game world do not require the player to know the previous games or even the books. Witcher fans will find subtle references to past adventures, but these elements are not necessary to enjoy the game fully.
- A breathtaking cinematic introduction demonstrating the game background - this lets players immediately know the situation in the war-ravaged Northern Kingdoms and the background story of the main character.
- Unique atmosphere, memorable characters and gritty dialog - the game world has its own unique feel. It is a classic dark fantasy tale that will appeal to fans of all kinds of fantasy stories.
- Combat - Unique, intuitive combat system blending a wide range of tactical elements with the most spectacular and dynamic combat sequences ever seen in a role-playing video game. In The Witcher 3 the swordplay gives combat a more realistic feel. The player can feel like a real witcher, the ultimate monster slayer, taking full control of his swords and becoming the most dangerous hunter.
- Living Open World - The open world environment creates living ecosystems that the player may explore in different ways than in previous Witcher games. Vast vistas teem with life where riding a horse through the dangerous No Man's Land, running in the narrow streets of Novigrad or sailing under a full moon through the Skellige islands are all an adventure in themselves.
- RPG mechanics - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt delivers an enhanced and deeper role-playing experience, thanks to advanced gameplay mechanics. The Witcher 3 takes full advantage of a robust RPG system. This will make The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt the crowning achievement of its genre. Stats will have real consequences in gameplay, but will be intuitive for the player to use. No unnecessary scripts or gameplay mechanics will spoil the player's immersion.